This is the final piece of work that the student must complete to gain their MBA. It is a major piece of self-managed work, where the student must identify their own research question, set research objectives, gather and analyse appropriate literature, secondary and primary research to meet those objectives. The student will be given a suitable competent supervisor in their subject who will be able to advise and guide the student through the process of completion through to submission.
To complete successfully, the student must analyse and evaluate the theories and concepts around the chosen subject as well as show proficiency in the design and conduct of primary research and integrating any relevant secondary research undertaken.
About the course:
- The increasing globalisation of the world of work requires competent and confident leaders who have the knowledge and skills to enable them to operate successfully in diverse situations and with people from different cultures.
- Our MBA is designed to help you meet the challenges facing managers in the global business environment. It will develop your critical and strategic thinking and equip you with the necessary tools for solving problems.
- You will gain an understanding of a broad range of subjects that will enable you to develop a strategic perspective on global business practices and management. Some of the options available, together with the substantial dissertation or consultancy project, will enable you to pursue your personal interests for career and business development.
- You will be taught by tutors who have longstanding professional experience and an excellent research record in their subject area. Many of them have taught and worked abroad, adding to the international dimension of the programme.
- We distinguish ourselves from other MBAs by offering the following opportunities to our most ambitious MBA students: work on international business research projects, develop business start-up ideas or continue onto a PhD.
Who is this course for?
The programme is aimed at new graduates and those who have already acquired some professional experience in a variety of fields. You should be seeking to enhance your academic, personal and interpersonal skills to fulfil your career aspirations and work in an international organisation.
Upon completion of the International MBA you will have developed a sound strategic, integrated and holistic perspective of organisations. This will be achieved through the study of management at functional, process and strategic level as well as at an individual, group and organisational level. You will have gained an understanding of what it takes to be an effective leader and how to facilitate change successfully in organisations as well as skills in business development.
Entry requirements and selection
- Applicants for this programme should have an honours degree (or equivalent) or a mixture of appropriate academic qualifications and professional experience. Relevant work experience is desirable. Students from a range of academic backgrounds can also apply.
- If you do not currently possess a recognized English language certification, you may be eligible to take the Bucks English language test.